|Sweet potato soup in fridge, ready to be heated by adding boiling water.|
Garlic, ginger, peppercorn, cumin seed, salt, pepper, dill, two sweet potatoes, whole butternut squash, couple of sticks of celery some olive oil and 1.5 litres of water.
- Wash, peel and dice butternut squash, sweet potatoes and celery sticks.
- Heated table spoon of oil in deep bottom saucepan, add peppercorns, cumin seed, garlic and ginger on high heat.
- Add sweet potato and fry it for a bit.
- Boil 1.5 litres of water and add it to sauce pan after 5 minutes of frying.
- Add remaining butternut squash and celery ingredients.
- Add some salt and dill.
- When boiling vigorously turn heat down to minimum, cover and simmer for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally.
This makes a thick and warming autumnal soup. Add boiling water and ground pepper to texture and flavour finished dish. (Add more water to make more bowls of soup).